News, views & chat from the people of West London
Hillingdon, 
London Borough, News, Pictures, Chat
truth
MAIN INDEX | PHOTOS | HAYES | UXBRIDGE
+ + Check out the LATEST photos! + + JOIN THE DEBATES + + IT'S GOOD TO TALK! + +
WELCOME

It is currently Mon Oct 05, 2026 7:26 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Tesco Scanners
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:28 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:47 am
Posts: 2873
Location: Dog House
That's a different area. I've seen that in operation and that I definitely avoid.

I'm talking about the latest hand held scanners that you go round the store with and then put the scanner into the 'dock'.

_________________
Lets be careful out there !


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tesco Scanners
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:36 pm
Posts: 888
Sorry Kremmen. There is a hand scanning system in Waitrose in Ruislip and I have never used that one. I believe you have to join up to do so. That was the one my boss's wife got stopped at for a spot check two weeks running and she was very cross about it. (It made her shopping trip a lot longer)

I haven't heard of any other stores using similar systems.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tesco Scanners
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:30 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:10 pm
Posts: 1461
geezer466 wrote:
All part of the drive to mechanisation. All those till operators cost money you know.
Today it may be the simple till operators job but tomorrow it may be yours. Refuse to use them out of principle.

why buy a dog and bark yourself?

_________________
Its not always the biggest and the bestest, its them that make the least mistakes.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tesco Scanners
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:36 pm
Posts: 888
I agree Jim and only use the self scanning tills if there really isn't much choice - like B & Q in the evenings when there are no other tills open :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tesco Scanners
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:47 am
Posts: 2873
Location: Dog House
B&Q

I think my record is 4 separate visits for "Please wait for an assistant"

"Am I over 18" ? :lol:

I always get them at the end anyway because my B&Q discount card needs assistant approval. I always wait till they've gone back to their desk before scanning that = I am a git :lol:

_________________
Lets be careful out there !


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  




LOCAL RESIDENTS AND BUSINESS: YOU CAN ADVERTISE TOTALLY FREE OF CHARGE IN OUR ADS SECTIONS!!

ARTICLES WANTED, ARTICLES FOR SALE, PLUMBERS, PIZZAS, ELECTRICIANS, ESTATE AGENTS, ACCOMMODATION WANTED OR FOR RENT, FLATS, ROOMS, HOLIDAYS & TRAVEL, JOBS AGENCIES, TRADESMEN & WOMEN, MOTORS, DRIVING LESSONS, HGV TRAINING, VOLUNTARY GROUPS... JUST REGISTER AND POST YOUR FREE AD, IT'S THAT SIMPLE. NO CATCH! TELL YOUR FRIENDS.

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

London Borough of Hillingdon Chat - Main Index

Christmas music Merelbeke